In addition to participating in pioneering development projects and providing a wide range of simulation services to various industry players, our department takes part in smaller-scale research and development projects. With our equipment, we can be cost-effective partners in any period of development process.
Research and Development
– Future R&D projects
– Simulations and analyzes
Future R&D projects
Our company has a long standing history of development diagnostic cabling running in the vacuum tank of a reactor, which connects the components of the fusion process control instrumentation system. During the project, we facilitated the development of each component from the conceptual phase to the production support with our extensive mechanical engineering knowledge.
In addition to diagnostic cabling, we are involved in the design of thermal shields in “Port Plugs” to protect diagnostic shelves. We design the cooling piping layout of the plasma shields, which are checked according to the RCC-MRx standard.
C3D Ltd. Participates in the IFMIF-DONES neutron source design project as a significant industrial contributor.
We helped to implement the following subtasks:
- design of secondary and tertiary heat extraction system (sizing of heat exchangers, arrangement of pipelines, design of support structure, thermohydraulic and thermomechanical analysis)
- design of main test module (HFTM) mounting
- simulation of the propagation of contaminants in the lithium circuit
- thermohydraulic simulation of a test cell cavity
Simulations and analyzes
One of the modern tools for verifying designed structures is virtual testing. In doing so, the structure can be validated using computer simulations to prepare or even exclude physical tests. Our company maintains official approval in the feild of structure analysis (FEA), rigid body dynamics (MBS) and flow dynamics (CFD).
Our experience of many years of using numerous specialized software helps us to understand our customers’ problems and solve them up to the highest standards. By evaluating the results of the simulations, we support the decision of our partners in all phases of their product development cycle.
- Simulation of incompressible fluids in steady state and transient state
- Single and multiphase flows
- Thermal transport in liquids and solids (CHT)
- Natural flows and radiation
OpenFOAM, Fluent, CFX, Code_Saturne
- Structural simulations (various types of assemblies)
- Linear and non-linear problems (material non-linearity, contact problems, handling of large deformations)
- Dynamic simulations (harmonic analysis, response spectrum analysis, random excitation simulation, modal-based and direct transient studies, handling of non-linear cases: implicit, explicit)
- Fatigue tests (for welded structures)
- Constant and transient, linear and non-linear heat transfer and coupled thermo-mechanical simulations.
Ansys (Workbench and APDL), NX.Nastran, Abaqus (Standard and Explicit), Code_Aster, EDF.Syrthes, Bentley STAAD.Pro, Creo Simulate
- 1D Thermal and flow simulations
- Rigid-Body dynamics
Modelica is a special programming language that is similar to e.g. Matlab-Simulink, suitable for simulating dynamic systems. Due to its structure, different physical domains (mechanical, electrical, thermal, flow, regulation / control) can be easily connected, so that the temporal behavior of very complex systems can be studied. Our colleagues are adept at the implementation of the open-source OpenModelica, which is backed by many universities and large industry players (eg Bosch, ABB).
In a development process, it may be necessary to combine several simulation solutions, software components, perform a large amount of parametric testing or even optimization. Our department, mainly relying on open source (eg OpenFOAM, Code_Aster) simulation tools and several years of programming experience, also undertakes the compilation of special workflows / simulations suitable for the given development task in a cost efficient manner.